ISKCON: International Society for Krishna Consciousness
BBT: Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
Founder acharya: Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja (12th G.) Sisya of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur Prabhupada, and sannyas from Srila Bhakti Prajnan Kesava Maharaja.
Samadhi Mandir in Krishna Balaram Mandir, Vrindavan.
Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja surprised the entire world as well as his godbrothers with his outstanding achievements. He single handedly fulfilled the prediction of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu: The Holy Names of Krishna will be sung in every town and village in the world.
Srila B. R. Sridhar Maharaja said: “What was announced by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, conceived of by Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur, started by Srila Prabhupad Bhakti Siddhanta Sarasvati Goswami Maharaja was fulfilled by Swami Maharaja (Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami).”
Present acharyas: many
Branches: approximately five-hundred
Sannyas initiates: approximately 150
Books published: about three thousand titles (in 64 languages)
Printed and distributed: 400 million
New missions emanating from this mission: fifteen
Other special features:
• The founder started 108 centers around the world, which were later increased by his disciples.
• Many vegetarian restaurants and farm communities.
Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
• Publications in over sixty-four languages. The first complete edition in English of the Srimad Bhagavatam and the Chaitanya Charitamrita with the purports of Srila A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaja
• Several homepages in the Internet for preaching in digital format.
• Vedabase – a computer database containing 80 translations of Vaisnava classic books on digital format with Bhaktivedanta purports
• A library of recorded lectures and songs on Tape and CD. (magnetic and digital media formats)
• 14,000 letters to his disciples.
• scientific research, publications and conferences
• promotion on traditional Vaisnava arts worldwide
• training seminars on arts and sciences
• “Origins magazine” an analysis of life & matter issues
• Biography of the founder by Srila Satsvarup das Goswami
• Back to Godhead Magazine, in English and many other languages (started by the founder on 1944)
• Hare Krishna World – an international newspaper in English
• ISKCON Television – Vaisnava television pioneers
• ISKCON Cinema – Sri Yadubara and Srimati Visakha prepared many movies for preaching.
Other Preaching Activities:
• Pada-yatras world-wide – walking and preaching around the globe.
• Ratha-yatras in major cities all around the world (more than 50).
• Television biography of the Founder of ISKCON to be broadcasted for two years in India.
• Gurukulas – pioneer work of establishing Vedic principles in primary school education.
• Prasadam distribution, food relief, and vegetarian restaurants world-wide.
• FATE – First American Transcendental Exhibition.
• Attempts to create self sufficient farm communities world-wide.
• Penetrating politically very difficult areas, such as Communist and Muslim countries; successfully establishing Krishna Consciousness in these areas.
• The Mahamantra and other devotional songs were included in their music and thus made Krishna’s name very famous.
Source: Our Family the Gaudiya Math