After installing the beautiful deity of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Prabhupada in the Gopinath Gaudiya Math in Isodhyan Mayapur by many sannyasis in the presence of Srila B.B. Tirtha Maharaj, the President of the World Vaishnava Association, a meeting was held as the annual function of the secretarial managing committee of the WVA. (Below are the topics discussed at the meeting)
Srila B.B. Tirtha Maharaj lectured to many devotees who had come to assist from all over the world. We will increase the WVA presence on the Internet in as many languages as possible. Whoever is interested to maintain a blog of VINA in any other language please report to the webmaster Gaur Kesava das.
The first president of the WVA, Srila B.P. Puri Maharaj, was a pioneer in publishing Vaishnava grantha. His guru engaged him thus and all his life he continued this service in the Gaudiya Math, in Sri Chaitanya Gaudiya Math, in the Gopinath Gaudiya Math and in the WVA. His most beautiful biography of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur Prabhupada was a deity already and now the deity form in which he appeared also blesses the whole world. Talented sculptor Asis Kumar Paul made the wonderful bronze sculpture which was installed. He confessed that his hands had no control over the carving. He feels blessed to have come into contact with the Vaishnavas through his art.
WVA meeting points:
Rasabihari Prabhu spoke about the importance of having Vina in other languages besides English and Spanish. Currently work is in progress to expand Vina into Russian, Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Swedish, Hungarian, French, German and Polish language.
- The next WVA meeting will be held in Kartik in conjunction with the disappearance festival of Srila B.P. Puri Maharaj in the Dauji Mandir in Vrindavan.
- Every preaching place in the world should have a WVA secretary. We need more missions involved and everyone should report to Vina about the activities of their mission. The communication should improve. WVA secretaries should promote others to also become secretaries. We also need more participation in the WVA magazine, contribution of articles as well as distribution.
- The vice-president, Pujyapad B.V. Bishnu Maharaj, said that we need the WVA in order to understand what is going on in the Vaishnava world. That is why the secretaries and all those who are qualified to use a computer should report about preaching news of their mission. In this way we will stay in contact with all the other Vaishnavas.
- It was also discussed how to educate our young devotees to deal very nicely with all the other Vaishnavas.
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasavati Prabhupada initiated the work to proof the Vaishnava scriptures in a scientific way. Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj continued this work through his books as well as through the Bhaktivedanta Institute and Pujyapad B.A. Paramadvaiti Maharaj is expanding it through the Faith therapy (Oida therapy) which is trying to scientifically establish the fact that religious principles are important for all mankind.
- The history of the WVA has shown how difficult it is to bring Vaishnavas together and the Saraswat Gaudiya Vaishnava Association has not really contributed to Vaishnava unity. In their meeting they made all the Gaudiya Maths sign a paper for improving the road situation in Mayapur. Later it became clear that certain properties of the Gaudiya Math had to sacrifice their beautiful entrance or even the Samadhi Mandir for the road improvement. When a representative of Iskcon was asked about this sad situation he answered that in order to make progress we (they) have to make sacrifice. This situation actually worsened the relationship between the respective Vaishnava missions in Mayapur. But it is very important to be united because only then we become powerful to make something move. We should not think to give up to try to be united and stand together for our goals. This can only be accomplished with love. And if missions like Iskcon see that we are united and powerful they will also participate.
- Requisition: A representative of the WVA residing near Mayapur with experience in law should report to the WVA about the local situation (road repairs, etc.) and represent the interest of the WVA and its members.
- Pujyapad B.V. Bishnu Maharaja said that all life is a festival, we should always enjoy to glorify the names of our Lord. Our duty is to satisfiy our Gurudevas, sometimes we may even have competition in service but in the isthagosti we are united together. The supreme vision to satisfy Mahaprabhu is necessary, we have to respect all living entities, what to speak of other Vaishnavas.
- The new WVA magazine was presented with the new Imlitala Temple in Vrindavan on the cover. The magazine is sponsored by Srila B.B. Tirtha Maharaja. All are invited to contribute articles for the next issue. Each mission should take at least 50 copies for distribution on their bookstand. This will show to the people that we are united.
- The participation of the WVA for the Kumbha mela in Vrindavan next year should be studied. We should work out a solid program with many speakers, etc. If we are successful then we can join the Kumbha mela in Haridwar in 3 years. The costs for a stand in Vrindavan mela should be inquired.
- The next WVA meeting in Europe will be held in Gaura Mandal (Rome)/Italy on 16. July, 2007. Golokananda prabhu is inviting all the devotees, especially senior Vaishnavas to come for the 3 day festival. Treating each other very lovingly will convince the whole world about the reality of Vaishnavism.
- Madan Gopal prabhu, the slovenian secretary, informed the members about the registration of the Gokul Society. His aim is to organize many programs together with different missions. Last summer he arranged a meeting between the Slovenian president and Pujyapad B.V. Sadhu Maharaja. The president is very interested in Vaishnavism and he published an article about spiritual education by Srila B.B. Tirtha Maharaja on his website. Another meeting was arranged in January in Delhi in which Pujyapad B.V. Sadhu Maharaja was requested to write a foreword to a book which is to be published soon by the president.
- The new Gokul magazine was presented and distributed to all present Vaishnavas. Support or suggestions are welcome.
- The Times Foundation has contacted us to give them ideas on how to serve Vrindavan. Also Vrindavan was chosen to become Ecocity so we need to put our efforts together with the government to improve the restauration and preservation work in the dham.
- All Vaishnavas are working to help so that the whole world will become a better place, but it will only be successful when we do it united under the banner of the World Vaishnava Association – Vishva Vaishnava Raj Sabha.