The annual World Vaishnava Association meeting was held on 20th March in Gopinath Gaudiya Math, Sri Mayapur Dham. The meeting drew a large participation from various acharyas & sanyasis affiliated to various missions:
- Pujyapad Gopananda Bon Maharaj _ Bhajan Kutir Gaudiya Math, Vrindavan
- Pujyapad Bhakti Bibudha Bodhayan Maharaj – Sri Gopinah Gaudiya Math
- Pujyapad Bhakti Vichar Bishnu Maharaj – Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mission
- Pujyapad Bhakti Alok Paramadvaiti Maharaj – Vrinda Mission International
- Pujyapad Bhakti Samadhi Bhagavat Maharaj
- Pujyapad Bhakti Bhavan Vaishnava Maharaj – Sri Chaitanya Bhagavat Maharaj
- Pujyapad Bhakti Nandan Swami Maharaj – Sri Gopinath Gaudiya Math, Mayapur
- Pujyapad Bhakti Prabhav Mahavir Maharaj – Sri Mahavir Gaudiya Math, Delhi
- Pujyapad Bhakti Vichar Vishnu Maharaj – Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math
- Pujyapad Abhayananda Bon Maharaj – Sri Gaura Gadadhar Ashram, Mayapur
- Pujyapad Bhakti Vedanta Sajjan Maharaj – IPBYS
- Pujyapad Bhakti Vedanta Nemi Maharaj – IPBYS
- Pujyapad B.B Govinda Maharaj – Gaudiya Sangha
- Pujyapad B.S. Paryatok Maharaj – Sri Krishna Chaitanya Math, Mayapur
- Pujyapad Bhakti Raksak Swami Maharaj – Vrinda Mission Mexico
- Sri Tamal Krishna Das Brahmacari – Imlitala Mahaprabhu Mandir, Vrindavan
- Sri Rasa Bihari Das – Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math
- Sri Dinesh Das – Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti
- Sri Arup Govinda Das – WVA Internet Secretary
- Sri Ananta Vishvambhara Das
- Sri Sundarananda Das Brahmacari
- Sri Narottam Das – Sri Chaitanya Gaudiya Math
- Sri Krishna Chandra Das – Ananda Dham
- Sri Ananda Das – Sri Gopinath Gaudiya Math
Summary of the meeting:
- A congratulatory note was offered to the Gaudiya Mission for having successfully organized and celebrated 100 years of Gaudiya Math at the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Stadium in Kolkata, which was attended by the Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. There was a special honorary mention also given for the successful organization of the Chaitanya Mahotsav which was held again this year on 27th – 30th March 2016.
- Sri Bhakti Vichar Vishnu Maharaj of Sri Chaitanya Gaudiya Math, drew attention to the efforts of Vina in Hindi and it’s efforts to spread the knowledge and awareness about Sankirtan Movement. Through social media and it’s world wide network it has enabled many patrons & followers to join in and participate in the movement.
- The Bhagavata Gaudiya Math representatives extended an invitation to all for its 2016 convention.
- The Indian Central Govt. in association with the Uttar Pradesh State Govt. has announced a Krishna Circuit initiative to protect and promote all holy places associated with Lord Krishna, extending from Dwarka, Kurukshetra, Mathura and Vrindavan. WVA appointed Sri Tamal Krishna Das Brahmachari of Imlitala Mandir in Vrindavan as it’s Representative & Advisor to the Govt. for the Krishna Circuit project.
- Vrinda Mission spearheaded by Srila Bhakti Aloka Paramadvaiti Maharaj presented the project called Braj Vrindavan Act Now! (BVAN!) to all it’s members. BVAN! has been an active body which has been involved with a clean & green Vrindavan Dham initiatives, apart from protection & restoration of the Yamuna River waterfront and heritage places in the holy dham of Vrindavan. The dham seva is being conducted now officially under the newly registered BVAN body and the Vishva Vaishnava Raj Sabha.
- The transport facilities via roadways and waterways to Sri Mayapur Dham was discussed in detail at the annual meeting. Environmental concerns and repercussions of both road & waterways was taken into consideration and a suitable communication channel is to opened for discussion between Govt. authorities, religious groups and stakeholders of Sri Mayapur Dham.
- An invitation was extended to all members for participation in the 500th year anniversary of Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu’s arrival in Vrindavan Dham in Imlitala.
- Assembled members were requested to file in their nominations for the Audarya – awards 2017.
- An official representation from the WVA was proposed by the members for the Parliament of World Religions & United Religion Initiatives. Sri Bhakti Nandan Swami Maharaj from Sri Gopinath Gaudiya Math was nominated as its representative.
- WVA will be a participant in the Kumbha Mela, Ujjain this year in April 2016. All plans to promote and raise awareness will be revealed at the event for the future.The need for active communication was emphasized between international WVA communities. This year the main representation will be by ISKCON.
- Srila Gopananda Bon Maharaj of Radha-Govinda Trust proposed that every temple associated with the mission should contribute $20 ( Rs.1200/- ) as an annual membership to WVA. It will enable the mission to strengthen its activities and promotions. Sri Satya Krishna Das of Vrinda Mission was given charge in developing a sustainable communication practice with all its members.
- WVA proposed for an active participation in the forthcoming celebrations for 100 Years of Gaudiya Math. Apart from active missions in various cities, the members urged for expanding into newer towns, cities & countries like Germany, Colombia & Venezuela.
The next annual meeting would be held in Imlitala Mandir in Vrindavan. The dates will be announced soon.